Air Conditioning RepairAC Repairs Today You'll Be Smiling About Tomorrow
We've performed thousands of AC repairs in Florida over the last 50 years. Our friendly and honest technicians go above and beyond to deliver exceptional service to our customers, every time.
All of our AC repairs include:
Same-day service, no overtime charges
- 100% satisfaction—guaranteed
Free, on-site estimates
Rated 4.9 out of 5 on Google!
How we repair your AC
1) Schedule your appointment with us
Call us at (800) 506-6194 or contact us online to schedule your appointment. If you schedule online, we'll call you as soon as we can to confirm your appointment.
2) Watch for our arrival during your service window
We’ll arrive at your home within the designated service window. We may ask a few follow-up questions about the problem, and then have you point us toward your AC unit.
3) Relax while we identify and fix the issue
We’ll work quickly to identify the problem and find a solution. Once we know what’s wrong, we’ll share our findings with you and give you a fixed price for the work. Over 96% of our repair jobs are completed on the same day, so the odds are in your favor that you’ll have a cool and comfortable home by the time we leave.
4) Let us know how else we can help you
After repairing your AC unit, we'll make sure you have an opportunity to speak with us about how the job went. Our first priority is your comfort and satisfaction. So if any part of the job wasn’t handled to your standards, just let us know and we’ll make it right.
Cost to repair an air conditioning system
- Low: $171
- Average: $500
- High: $2,495+
What you pay to repair your AC will depend on:
- Problem: Parts that need to be repaired or replaced are the driving factors of your AC repair. A broken circuit board or capacitor require low-cost parts and simple repairs. A bad compressor on the other hand can be quite expensive, especially if the warranty for the AC unit has expired.
- Contractor: Better-quality contractors will cost more. They'll also save you money in the long run because they won't cut corners. Unless you really enjoy seeing your AC repair contractor on a regular basis, you may want to spend just a little more for quality service.
- Warranty: If your AC unit is still under warranty, you could end up paying a lot less for your repair. To verify whether your warranty is still active you can contact the company that installed it.
For more information about each of these factors, visit our blog article, "How Much Does it Cost to Repair an AC in Florida?"
Signs your AC should be repaired
Your AC unit probably needs to be repaired if:
- You’re seeing higher-than-normal energy bills. High energy bills are often a sign your AC is not cooling your home efficiently.
- Your home is hotter than what’s set on your thermostat. If the temperature of your home is not in parity with your thermostat, you may need AC repairs.
- Airflow isn’t reaching some parts of the home. If airflow is only reaching some areas of the home and not others, that could be a sign you need repairs.
The outside unit is covered with ice. You could have a liquid refrigerant leak that is causing the unit to freeze up. This is often due to a frozen evaporator coil and will require a technician to repair.
AC not cooling your home?
Try troubleshooting these common AC problems before giving us a call.
- Check indoor air filters: When dust builds up around your air filters, it effectively suffocates your AC unit, forcing it to work harder to pump air into the home. Changing your filters may be enough to introduce air flow back into your home.
- Check thermostat settings: Before you assume the worst for your AC unit, take a quick walk over to your thermostat and make sure the unit is a) turned on, and b) set to COOL and not HEAT. It’s a small thing, but you’d be surprised how often it happens!
- Check AC circuit breakers: A tripped breaker is one of the more frequent reasons for an AC unit that won’t turn on. If you suspect the circuit breaker is the issue, walk over to your home’s electrical panel, locate the AC breaker, and make sure it’s in the ON position.
- Check the outside unit: Leaves, twigs and dirt often accumulate in and around your AC unit. That limits how much cool air can get into your home and may even damage the unit itself. Before you give a repairman a call, make sure your unit is clear of debris to see if that fixes the issue.
If your AC still isn't working right, call a professional to diagnose the problem.
...had my air back on in such a short amount of time!
See more reviews
Joe Z. is hands down the nicest most honest repair person I have ever had in my home! He was able to diagnose the problem and had my air back on in such a short amount of time! Thank you Cool Today."
Ready for service?Schedule now
Florida Service Area
We have been serving Sarasota, Florida and surrounding areas with quality you can count on...one customer at a time.
Our coverage area is continuously expanding. If you need service and do not see your community listed, contact us, we may have already expanded into your area.