AC Repairs in Tampa Bay & BeyondAC Repairs Done Today To Keep You Cool Tomorrow
We first started this business in 1963 with the hopes of becoming one of the best and most trustworthy HVAC companies in Florida. 57 years and over a thousand AC repairs later, we’ve exceeded those expectations. Our technicians are the most personable and professional in the business. They work to consistently provide exceptional service to our customers in the Tampa Bay area–no matter the job!
All of our AC repairs include:
Same-day service, no overtime charges
- 100% satisfaction—guaranteed
Free, on-site estimates
Rated 4.9 out of 5 on Google!
Signs your AC is in need of repairs
Your AC unit probably needs to be repaired if:
- Your energy bills are going up. High energy bills are often a sign your AC is not cooling your home efficiently. In which case, you should probably consult a CoolToday professional about possible repairs.
- Your home is hotter than the thermostat says. If your AC can’t seem to reach your set/desired temperature throughout the day, you may need AC repairs.
- Airflow isn’t reaching certain areas in your home. If the airflow is not reaching every area of your home, that could be a sign that you’re in need of repairs.
- The outside unit is covered with ice. In this case, there could be a liquid refrigerant leak causing the unit to freeze up, which can therefore lead to the the evaporator coil freezing over as well.
Cost of AC Repair in Tampa Bay
- Low: $171
- Average: $500
- High: $2,495
The price you pay to repair your AC depends on:
- The problem: Parts that need to be repaired or replaced can be the driving force behind your AC repair needs. For example, a broken circuit board or capacitor will require low-cost parts and simple repairs. A bad compressor on the other hand can be rather pricey, especially if the warranty for the AC unit has since expired.
- The contractor: Simply put, the higher the quality of the contractor, the more they typically charge. However, quality contractors can save you money in the long run because they will do the job right the first time. So, unless you enjoy seeing your AC repair contractor on a regular basis (no judgment), you may want to spend just a bit more for better services.
- The warranty: If your AC unit is still under warranty, you could end up paying much less for your repair. To confirm whether or not your warranty is still active, you can always contact the company that installed it first.
To learn more about each of these factors and how they can directly impact bottom line pricing, visit our blog article, "How Much Does it Cost to Repair an AC in Florida?".
How we repair your AC
1) Schedule your appointment with us
2) Watch for our arrival
We’ll promptly arrive at your home within the designated service window. We may ask a few follow-up questions about the problem you’re having, and then have you point us toward your AC unit.
3) Relax while we identify and fix the issue
We’ll take it from here! We work quickly and efficiently to identify the problem and find the best solution. Once we know what’s wrong, we’ll share our findings with you and provide a fixed, upfront price for the work needed. No games or gimmicks. Over 96% of our repair jobs are completed on the same day, so the odds are in favor of you having a cool and comfortable home the same day you call us!
4) Let us know how else we can help you Upon repairing your AC unit, we'll make sure to set time aside for you to ask questions about the repair and how it went. Your comfort and satisfaction is our top priority and the job isn’t done until we’ve satisfied those needs. So, if any part of the repair wasn’t done or handled to your standards, just let us know and we’ll make it right.
AC not cooling your home?
Try troubleshooting these common AC problems yourself before giving us a shout.
- Check indoor air filters: Dust buildup in and around your air filters can effectively suffocate your AC unit. This forces the AC to work harder in order to pump air into your home. Changing the filters may be enough to re-introduce proper air flow back into your home.
- Check thermostat settings: Before you call anyone, take a close look at your thermostat and make sure the unit is both turned on and set to COOL instead of HEAT. This may seem like a small and obvious point for most, but you’d be amazed how common it is!
- Check AC circuit breakers: A tripped breaker is one of the more frequent reasons for an AC unit not turning on. If you think that the circuit breaker is the issue, have a look at your home’s electrical panel, find the AC breaker, and make sure it’s in the ON position.
AC still not working right? Call one of our professionals to diagnose the problem and we’ll have it up and running in no time!
I can’t imagine a service company being run better than this.
We called in the morning two days before Christmas regarding our air-conditioning not working. CoolToday had a technician (whose identity and background were sent to us prior to his arrival ) out to our place at 3 o’clock promptly the time promised. He diagnosed the problem and had the system up and running in a very few minutes. I can’t imagine a service company being run any better than this. Very highly recommended.
Need an AC repair? Call CoolToday!Schedule an appointment
Our team serves Tampa Bay and the surrounding areas:
We have been serving Florida residents with quality you can count on...one customer at a time.
Our coverage area is continuously expanding. If you need service and do not see your community listed, contact us, we may have already expanded into your area.