Many factors come into play when deciding to replace your cooling system. In Florida, cool air is necessary to be comfortable at home! To get the most value and comfort out of your system, it’s important to replace it at the right point in time. Here are 7 Do’s and Don’ts to consider when it comes to replacing...
- Know the correct size. Opting for a larger cooling system may seem like a good way to combat the Florida heat. In reality, a system that is too big for the square footage of your home is less efficient and less effective in keeping you cool. Our professional technicians will determine the best system size based on your home’s square footage.
- Know your budget. As you replace more parts of your system - such as boilers, radiators, and heat pumps - the job will become more costly. Replacing only the Central A/C may make more sense depending on your budget. Aspects like energy efficiency will be more costly upfront, but leave you with lower monthly energy bills. When it comes time to replace, it’s important to think these points through.
- Test the new system. Although your system will most likely operate as it should, it’s always better to be safe than sorry. Our technicians will help test the cooling system to make sure you’re taken care of. This allows homeowners to fully understand the proper operation of their new cooling system.
- Give us a call! Here at Cool Today, we are always ready to take care of you. Our team understands the importance of keeping Florida homes cool. Let our knowledgeable and experienced technicians take care of you with your new installation.
- Wait for repairs. Many homeowners only repair their A/C when it’s noticeably affecting their comfort. Although waiting on repairs may seem like it saves money, it’s actually not as cost-effective as one would expect. Broken parts will quickly wear down other parts in the system, putting it at risk for a total-breakdown.
- Avoid reading your warranty. A/C systems are complex and your warranty is intended to help if something goes wrong. Many homeowners completely forget about their warranty and end up unnecessarily paying high replacement costs or skipping their annual tune-ups, essentially voiding their warranty.
- Forget routine maintenance. Preventative maintenance is the only way to keep your system running as it should. Wear and tear is normal, but cleaning is necessary to remedy it. When your system has regular tune-ups, it will run more efficiently and always keep your home feeling cool.
There are many ways for you to make sure your home gets cool today. If you’ve decided that it’s finally time to replace your cooling system, give Cool Today a call at (800) 226-2636!
- Posted in: