May 10, 2011
Your ductwork can play a big role in the cleanliness of your indoor air. Dirty air ducts can worsen air quality issues. Having your air ducts cleaned can lead to significant improvements in your health and overall air quality inside your home.
Reasons to Consider a Duct Cleaning
- Family members with allergies or asthma. The air inside your home is much more polluted than the air outside. Air ducts are a crucial component to your HVAC system and are responsible for circulating heated and conditioned air throughout your home. Particularly for homes with allergy and asthma sufferers, scheduling an air duct cleaning can have a positive impact on reducing pollutants and the severity of symptoms.
- Enhanced system performance. Professional cleaning of your ductwork should also include a cleaning of your heating and air conditioning unit and coils. Studies have shown when an HVAC system is maintained and clean, they run much more efficiently and use less energy, which saves you money.
- Your home has been renovated or is newly constructed. New construction can cause dust and debris to collect inside the ductwork. If vents were not properly sealed off, or if the heating or cooling system was run before everything was thoroughly cleaned, odds are good there is a notable amount of dust and particulate inside your system.
- Moving into a pre-existing home. Older homes are notorious for tightly constructed ductwork that can restrict airflow and allow for the collection of excess dust. Additionally, you can’t be sure about the existing quality of your indoor air. If the previous owners smoked or owned pets, those odors and particulates are being circulated throughout the home each time you turn on your HVAC.
Although the Environmental Protection Agency does not claim these factors demonstrate a substantial need for duct cleaning, they do recommend that you have your ducts inspected and cleaned if you observe:
- Visible mold growing on the inside of your ducts or on components of your heating and cooling system.
- Evidence of pests within duct system.
- Excessive amounts of dust, particulate or debris can be seen inside the ducts.
To ensure the health and safety of your family, consider having your ductwork cleaned by a professional. Contact Cool Today to schedule your duct cleaning online now!
Posted in: Tips