Heat Pump Repairs in Tampa Bay & BeyondHeat Pump Repairs Today You'll Be Smiling About Tomorrow
For over 50 years, we've strived to provide nothing less than world-class HVAC service. The result? Loyal, lifelong customers who come to us for all of their heating and cooling needs. At CoolToday, you'll get a heat pump repair from techs who are proud of the honest work they do.
All of our heat pump repairs include:
Same-day service, no overtime charges
- Upfront, flat-rate pricing, so there are no surprises
- 100% satisfaction—guaranteed
Rated 4.9 out of 5 on Google!
Cost to repair a heat pump in Tampa
- Low $250
- Average $360
- High $1,000+
What you pay to repair your heat pump will depend on:
- What’s wrong with the heat pump. This will be the driving factor of your heat pump repair cost. You'll pay more to replace an expensive part like the compressor than you will a capacitor or defrost control board.
- The contractor you hire. You'll pay more for better-quality contractors. They will, however, save you money in the long run because they won't cut corners—they'll repair your heat pump right the first time.
- Whether or not your unit is still under warranty. If your heat pump is still under warranty, that could cut down the cost of your repair. If your heat pump was installed less than a year ago, parts and labor should still be under warranty. Check with the company that installed your unit.
Want to know more about what will affect your repair cost? Read our article "How Much Does a Heat Pump Repair Cost in Florida?"
How we repair your heat pump
1) You schedule your appointment
Call us at (800) 506-6194 or contact us online to schedule your appointment. If you schedule online, we'll call you as soon as we can to confirm your appointment.
2) We repair your heat pump
One of our techs will come to your home to figure out why your heat pump isn't working. After explaining the problem, they'll give you the best repair options (with upfront pricing) for your system.
3) We make sure you're comfortable
After repairing your heat pump, we'll make sure you have the chance to bring up any problems you had with our service. If it wasn't world-class, we want to know what happened.
Signs your heat pump needs to be repaired
Your heat pump probably needs a repair if it:
- Isn't turning on. Did a breaker trip? If not, the problem is most likely the thermostat.
- Is making anodd sound. A strange noise could indicate any number of problems with your heat pump. But some of the most common are a subtle gurgling or hissing sound, which often means a refrigerant leak, and a grinding noise, which usually means a problem with the air handler.
- Has weak airflow. If the air coming out of your vents is weaker than normal, that could mean several problems, but more often than not the issue is the air handler fan belt or motor.
- Is leaking water. Is water pooling around your unit? That normally means your condensate line (the drain pipe that removes condensation from your unit) is clogged.
- Keeps turning on and off. Heat pumps should run slow and steady. If yours is turning on and off every few minutes, that could mean issues with airflow or the thermostat. The problem could also be an oversized unit that's short cycling, in which case you're better off replacing your unit.
Heat pump not heating/cooling your home?
Try troubleshooting these common heat pump problems before calling a Florida pro.
- Check the thermostat. Make sure your thermostat is switched to the correct setting ("HEAT" or "COOL"). As obvious as this sounds, sometimes the setting accidentally gets switched.
- Change your air filter. A dirty air filter restricts airflow, which makes it hard for your system to work. If your air filter is dirty, replace it with a new one.
- Clean your outside unit. If the condenser is covered in dirt and debris, it can't "breathe" to effectively heat or cool your home. Make sure nothing (like a plant or other object) is blocking your condenser and that the condenser fins aren't covered in dirt. If they are, gently clean them (they bend easily) with a garden hose.
If your heat pump still isn't working right, call a professional to diagnose the problem.
Friendly, professional, efficient and most of all, HONEST
See more reviews
Vincent came out and was friendly, professional, efficient and most of all, HONEST. He found the problem to my heat pump not coming on. It was a switch called a "contactor" which he replaced in about 10 minutes... Highly recommend Cool Today and Vincent!
Ready for service?Schedule service
Florida Service Area
We have been serving Sarasota, Florida and surrounding areas with quality you can count on...one customer at a time.
Our coverage area is continuously expanding. If you need service and do not see your community listed, contact us, we may have already expanded into your area.